Hello GNGMS Families!
Leading into the week of Thanksgiving, whether you celebrate it or not, gives us all the opportunity to think about what we are grateful for. We think, for most of us, we are grateful for the opportunity to gather again as families and friends, for the love shared among us, and the health and well-being of those around us. While we are also grateful for those things, we do not want to miss the opportunity to share what we are grateful for here at school.
- We are grateful to have had all of our students back in person five days a week.
- We are grateful for the continued growth of our students after 18 months of challenging educational experiences.
- We are grateful for a staff that truly cares about our students’ well-being and the well-being of each other.
- We are grateful for the sound of singing voices and instruments that fill the halls once again.
- We are grateful for the squeaking of sneakers and the other joyful sounds that are coming from our courts and fields.
- We are grateful for hands-on projects.
- We are grateful for the community support of our district in dealing with the shortage of bus drivers and other staff.
- We are grateful for the community support of those less fortunate in the community through Thanksgiving and the Winter Holidays.
It can be easy at times to lose sight of the growth and changes we have made through this pandemic, when all we wish for is that life will return to normal. We hope we can all take the time to appreciate how far we have come. We hope you have a restful and joyful break.
~Mr Riley-Benoit and Mrs Dacko
GNG Caring Community is providing assistance to families in need in the GNG community. Please click here to fill out the assistance form. Deadline to submit assistance form is December 6.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Masks: Are required inside MSAD15 buildings and on all buses and vans regardless of your vaccination status. Masks are not required outside. We have been able to provide masks up to this time but we are asking that all students come to school with THEIR OWN mask covering both nose and mouth.
Note from the School Nurse
To the parents of 7th graders: If your student has not yet received the newly required Meningococcal, TDAP and 2nd dose of the Varicella vaccines, please make an appointment with their provider to have that completed as soon as possible and fax the updated shot record to the health office at 657-5219.
The Gray/New Gloucester Middle School Drama Club will begin the winter session after Thanksgiving break. We will be doing the musical FLAPPER.
Auditions for actors and stage crew interviews will be in the cafeteria from 2:00-4:00pm for:
- Grades 7 & 8: Tuesday, November 30.
- Grades 5 & 6: Thursday, December 2.
Sign-ups are outside of the nurse’s office. Students can also pick up an audition/interview packet for the show outside the office. For any questions, please contact email@example.com or see Miss G. In Room 231.
Chorus and Band
Chorus students grades 5-8 and Band students grades 6-8 are preparing for their concert on Tuesday, December 7 at 6pm. Our snow date is Tuesday, December 14.
- Singers should arrive at the middle school by 5:30.
- Band students do not need to arrive until 5:45.
- Performers should wear all black.
- Masks are required for all audience members.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 647-4994.
News from the Library
All MSAD #15 students are eligible for a free library card at the Gray Public Library. They may be obtained at the Gray Public Library or students can see Mrs. Lamoureux in the GNGMS library for the paperwork and we can facilitate the process (for GNGMS students only) through school.
There will be a book fair in the GNGMS library from December 13 – December 17. It will be open during school hours. Books are available for purchase online and in person (by students). We are trying a couple of new features this year, use the scholastic.com link to learn more about e-wallet and purchasing books online.
Contact Kristi Lamoureux with any questions.
The GNG Athletic Boosters are sponsoring an online School Spirit Fan Wear store now through Sunday, November 21. The store features all white logo wear to encourage GNG fans to wear white at away games! Items will arrive in plenty of time for you to purchase a holiday gift for someone special. Pick up will be scheduled at the high school in December with specific day/times to be determined.
Click: graynewgloucesterfans.itemorder.com to access the online store.
Updated November 22, 2021