Gray-New Gloucester Middle School
Message from Principal Rick Benoit
Hello GNGMS Families!
We have a lot of student events, testing, celebrations and information as we come to the end of our school year. If you have any questions please call or email the main office.
The Gray New Gloucester Middle School Drama Club is proud to announce two more virtual shows coming this Friday, May 28th.
Virtual Complaints and Lemonade and The Insomniac Society will be available virtually on the MSAD 15 website under the middle school tab this Friday.
Come join us and see the fabulous work the drama club has put together!
Good News- extra yearbooks are available for $20. Bring checks (GNGMS) or cash to Ms. Babbin in room 233. Please note, any student who purchased a yearbook this year will receive their yearbook prior to the end of the school year. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Spirit Days – The Leadership Team is challenging students to one more school spirit day. Show your Patriot Pride on June 10 and 11 by wearing your Red, White, and Blue.
High School Class Officers Needed!
Attention 8th graders: It is time to elect officers for the class of 2025. If you are interested in being the class president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer, please submit your application on the Google Form you received in your school email. All applications must be received by June 4 at 2 PM. Please email Mrs. Knedler at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- June 7 & 8 – hybrid students
- June 10 & 11 – remote students
We will be collecting iPads and need to make sure all devices and associated equipment are turned in so we don’t have to send out bills!
Step Up Day
- June 9, Wednesday – grade 4
- June 9, Wednesday – grade 8
Students grade 5 & 8 will be taking the latest MEA test for science.
We wanted to fill you in with some more of the details around our 8th grade step up and celebration on June 9th. Just as a general outline, the day will run from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Transportation at this time is only available to students that currently attend the district’s hybrid model.
- Lunch will be available to all students, and we are working on a way to either livestream or record the awards so that parents can view them.
There are some details that are still a work in progress, but the bulk of the day is outlined below!
8th Grade Step-Up and Celebration
June 9, 2021 – 9:00 – 3:30pm
Schedule of Events:
8:45 – 9:00 Student arrival
- Students will find their advisors in the upper field upon arrival
- 9:00am Advisors will take attendance
9:00 – 12:00 Step-Up and Activity Time
- Red Cohort students will walk over to the high school at 9:00 for their step-up time. They will return at 10:30. Teachers with first block planning will walk students over and walk over to pick them up.
- Blue Cohort students will participate in the morning activities first, and then will walk to the high school at 10:30 to participate in step-up. Teachers with second block planning will walk students over and walk over to pick them up.
12:00 – 12:50 Lunch and Awards
- Students will be served a bagged lunch
- Students will eat outside (picnic style) in the upper field
- Around 12:30 8th Grade Awards will be presented
- All staff should be available to supervise students and celebrate with them during this time
12:50 – 1:50 Open Activity/Celebration Time
- Students will be able to visit with their classmates during this time. A variety of activities will be available such as yearbook signing, games on the lower field, and staff BINGO.
1:50 – 2:50 Advisory Time
- Advisory groups will move inside to teacher classroom spaces to compete in an Escape Room Challenge! A prize for the fastest groups will be awarded.
2:50 – 3:30 Team Time
- Students will regroup outside by team. Teams will have this time to celebrate the end of the year in whichever way they see fit. For example, teams may choose to hand-out individual team awards, play a game, or plan a trivia activity.
From the Health Office
Please reach out to make arrangements to pick up medications from the Health Office by Friday, June 11th. Any medication not picked up will be disposed of. All medication forms as well as physical forms can be found here: https://msad15.org/health-services/ for the start of the school next year. Medication administration forms must be updated yearly.
You can reach us at: 657-9430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To parents/guardians of incoming seventh graders for the 21-22 school year: If your student has not yet received the Meningococcal and Tdap vaccines, please make an appointment with their provider to have that completed over the summer.
Please see the attached links for FAQs:
Please remember to follow CDC guidelines and review the Covid-19 Pre-Screening Tool for School Attendance every morning before school. Click on the following link: Pre-Screening Tool.
The GNG Backpack Program/ weekend meals will end June 8 for the school year. The MSAD 15 Nutrition Department will once again be providing meals for students throughout the summer. Please email email@example.com in case of emergencies.
Updated May 28, 2021