DUNN SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Burchard A. Dunn Elementary School, in partnership with home and community, promotes cognitive, social, and emotional development for all children. Dunn School will challenge every child to understand the value in becoming a cooperative, compassionate, productive citizen in our changing society.
COMMON SHARED VISION RESPONSES
What are your hopes and dreams for your students?
- A love for learning
- Opportunities to work to potential
- Ability to discover their strengths
- Meeting/Mastering grade level standards
- Willingness to take risks and learn from the experience
- Happy, Healthy (physically and mentally), Compassionate, Resilient, Confident
What makes a great school?
- Everyone recognizes/appreciates individuality
- Bully Free and Safe
- Trust/Communication among stakeholders
- Student Centered
- High expectations for all
- A school that connects the community and the school
What skills will students need for the 21st Century?
- Effective Communication Skills
- A good work ethic and responsible
- Problem Solver
- Technolgy Skills
- Adaptability and Tolerance
- Global/Social Awareness
- Financially Savy
- Reading/Writing/Math Skills